Hypnosis is a state of focused awareness, of which you already naturally experience performing everyday tasks e.g. reading a book, watching a film or driving a car. You are in control all the time, you always know what is happening, and you can come out of the altered state at any moment.
Hypnotherapy uses hypnosis and the power of suggestion to encourage positive change by accessing your inner resources. Willpower alone is not often enough for desired change so many people come to me for extra help to overcome their obstacles and addictions.
Whilst lying down or seated comfortably I will use guided visualisation to help you reach deep relaxation so that your conscious mind will quieten to make way for the subconscious mind to be open and receptive for suggestions, and therefore accepting positive changes to behaviours, feelings and desires.
Prior to the session, using the information you have given me, you and I will discuss the desired changes you’d like to work on. At no point during the session are you not in control – your subconscious mind is able to reject any suggestions that were not discussed, and whilst you may be very relaxed you will still be able to control your body should you want to. After the sessions, you will feel relaxed, refreshed and empowered to implement positive change.
A typical hypnotherapy session will entail:
- A welcome chat where you can ask any other questions you have and get comfortable.
- Induction, where I will lead you into a state of deep physical and mental relaxation.
- Once deeply relaxed, I can then begin ‘change work’ using techniques and approaches discussed and agreed to help you with your goals.
- Once the ‘change work’ is complete, I will begin the transition to wakefulness, in which you are gradually brought out of your trance.
- There will be time for any questions you may have, a summary of the session and grounding before you carry on with your day.
Hypnotherapy can help with a wide range of issues including:
- Weight loss
- Smoking cessation
- Gastric Band Hypnotherapy
- Confidence issues
- Unwanted habits
- Relationship issues
- Sleeping problems
- Sports performance
- Relaxed pregnancy and birth
- Fears and phobias
- Performance anxiety
- Fear of flying
- Fear of public speaking
- Interview anxiety
- Creative blocks
- Wedding Day nerves
- Managing emotions
“I started smoking around 1973. Over the years I made numerous attempts to stop; cold turkey, patches, tablets, etc. When I had a hypnotherapy session with Sara, in January 2012, I was smoking 40 a day. I haven’t had a cigarette since. According to my GP, if I had carried on smoking, I wouldn’t be here today.”– JD, Gloucestershire